Mrs. Kendra Pritchett has served as the principal of Martinsburg Elementary School since August of 2013. She began her career in public education in 2004, when she accepted a job as a paraprofessional at Tyrone Area Elementary School. This was followed by 3 years of teaching in early childhood grades at Tyrone and 5 years of teaching first and second grade in the Chestnut Ridge School District.
During her final year in the Chestnut Ridge School District, Mrs. Pritchett had the opportunity to fill in as the elementary principal for 4 months and as the assistant high school principal for 1 month. These positions solidified her desire to become an administrator.
Her education includes:
· Master of Education, Education Leadership, Shippensburg University
· Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, Shippensburg University
· Bachelor of Science, Early Childhood Education, Shippensburg University
· Principal Certification, Shippensburg University
Her Pennsylvania certifications include:
· School Administration (K-12)
· Elementary Education (PreK-8)
· Early Childhood Education (Birth-Grade 3)
· Mid-Level Mathematics (Grades 7-9)
Mrs. Pritchett is a graduate of the Northern Bedford County School District. She longed to be a teacher since she entered school as a kindergarten student. “I wanted to make a positive difference in this world. I wanted others to know they matter and they, too, can make a difference.” As Mrs. Pritchett prepared to transition to an administrator’s role, she found that she “could make a bigger impact by working with all facets of the public education system.”
In her spare time, Mrs. Pritchett loves camping, participating in tractor and truck pulls, riding her motorcycle, and assisting her husband as he operates a small business as a mechanic. She also enjoys anything that involves spending time with her family. Mrs. Pritchett lives in Yellow Creek with her husband, son, and two cats.
· Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Office: 814-793-2014
· Fax: 814-793-9447
· Address: 415 Spring Street